Crypto Merchants In Charlotte, NC
Where can a person spend cryptocurrency such as Zcash or Bitcoin in Charlotte, North Carolina? Merchants who accept crypto 1) increase sales by reaching new customers, 2) pay lower fees than credit cards, and 3) have finality in payment. It should be no time before crypto is ubiquitous, but here are some of the first businesses leading the way to accept crypto payments in the Queen City.
- Southern Strain Brewery. Charlotte Bitcoin meetups happen weekly at Southern Strain in the Midwood neighborhood. You can walk up to the bar and buy beers with the lightning network. The bartender generates a QR code on a payment terminal, then you scan with a lightning wallet and approve the payment. It’s frictionless, quick and easy.
- Steak ’n Hoagie Shop. The Steak’n Hoagie shop in Matthews has been accepting Bitcoin, BCH, Dash, and Ethereum for years. They just recently posted a Zcash Accepted Here sticker on the front door. If you ask to pay with crypto, they flag down the owner who generates a QR code on his phone.
- Hodlween Bitcoin Celebration/Party. October 21 & 22. A cattleman’s feast and pumpkin carving at Lenny Boy Brewery, a full day of speakers and workshops at the McColl Center in Uptown, and a costume party at The Hamilton.
- Delgado’s Fuego. Fuego hot sauce can be delivered within the Charlotte area, payable in Bitcoin.
- Johnny Fly Sunglasses. Use Bitcoin to buy sustainable wooden sunglasses at the flagship Johnny Fly store on 36th street in NoDa.
- Elevation Church. Elevation is a Baptist Evangelical megachurch in Ballantyne with 20 satellite locations. They accept donations of any coin including Zcash through Overflow, a payment processor that helps churches accept cryptocurrency.
- Kure CBD. I haven’t verified this one, but I’ve heard they accept Bitcoin.
- Menufy Merchants. 88 China Bistro, Zanzibar in NoDa, and Royal Biryani near Matthews use Menufy for online orders. At checkout, select cryptocurrency, select your coin, and it generates a QR code for payment.
- Flexa Merchants. https://spedn.io/. With the SPEDN app, there are hundreds more places to spend crypto in Charlotte. Chipotle, Dunkin’, GameStop, Barnes & Noble, and more.
Last updated October 16, 2022